Did you enjoy reading "The Tyger" yesterday? Today we have another animal themed poem for you - "The Eagle" - written by a very famous poet.
Please read the poem and clarify the meaning of the new vocabulary, then answer the comprehension questions in full sentences.
If you have any questions, please ask!
Here is a link to the poem:
Here are the comprehension questions:
1. In the first line of the poem, “clasps the crag” is an example of what?
2. How do we know that very few creatures live where the eagle is sitting on the mountain?
3. Can you find any metaphors in this poem?
4. "The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls" - what images does this line suggest?
5. Write a summary of this poem in three sentences.
6. How does the poet describe nature in the poem "The Eagle"?
7. What do you think the poet means by "azure world" (line 3)?