Can you use brackets to add extra information?
Look at this example:
My brother (who thinks he's really cool) never brushes his hair! (hint: cool)
The hint at the end of the sentence tells you what to write in brackets in the middle of the sentence.
Try and use brackets to add extra information to these sentences:
1. I watched a horror film___________ and it scared me! (hint: title)
2. Dinosaurs ________were a type of reptile. (hint: extinct)
3. I never have peanut butter______because I'm allergic to nuts. (hint: packed lunch)
4. Bats________sleep in the attic during the day. (hint: nocturnal)
5. I lost my phone ________when we went to the fairground. (hint: birthday present)
6. We made popcorn________for my birthday party. (hint: type)
7. Alice_______is learning English. (hint: from France)
8. We were helping the caretaker________to carry chairs into the hall. (hint: backache)
Bronze level: Now write one sentence of your own using brackets to add extra information.
Silver level: Write three sentences of your own using brackets to add extra information.
Gold level: Teach a sibling or parent how to use brackets to add extra information. Get them to write a sentence and give them feedback!