Answer the questions below. They are linked to the work we have been doing on 'Bills New Frock' by Anne Fine.
'This can't be true, Bill Simpson said to himself. 'This cannot be true!'
1. What would Bill sound like when saying these words?
'I don't want to be tripped up in one of their nasty scuffles, like last week when all the scabs were kicked off my ankle'.
2. What does this tell you about the other boys?
'Bill Simpson blushed so pink that all his freckles disappeared. He felt so foolish he forgot to turn off at the next corner to go round the long way.'
3. Write the word/phrase that show Bill was embarrassed.
1. What does the word 'swept' mean?
2. What does the word 'dismay' mean?
3. What does the word 'hauling' mean?
Use the dictionary to check this: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/
Answer the following questions.
1. What did Bill wear on Monday morning?
2. Why were his mum and dad in a rush?
3. What pet does Bill own?
4. Who did he see on his way to school?
5. Why was the headteacher standing by the main gates?
The text is attached in case you need to re-read it.